This is an Associate-level self-study technical course in the curriculum for the CCNA Cyber Ops certification. This course allows learners to understand cybersecurity’s basic principles and foundational knowledge, as well as obtain the core skills needed to grasp the more advanced associate-level materials in the second required exam, “Implementing Cisco Cybersecurity Operations (SECOPS)”. It focuses on cybersecurity operations principles and technologies, using hands-on examples in realistic scenarios, with real-life security products and equipment.
Upon completion you will be able to:
- Describe, compare and identify various network concepts
- Fundamentals of TCP/IP
- Describe and compare fundamental security concepts
- Describe network applications and the security challenges
- Understand basic cryptography principles.
- Understand endpoint attacks, including interpreting log data to identify events in Windows and Linux
- Develop knowledge in security monitoring, including identifying sources and types of data and events
- Know various attack methods, security weaknesses, evasion methods, and remote versus local exploits
This new Cisco self-paced course is designed to be as effective as classroom training. Course content is presented in easily-consumable segments via both Instructor Video and text. Interactivity is enabled through Discovery Labs, content review questions, and graded Challenge Labs and Tests. This makes the learning experience hands-on, increasing course effectiveness, and provides students direct feedback on how well they have mastered the material. Gamification features are built in, including earning badges, achievements, and a leaderboard, to encourage better performance.