Implementing Cisco Data Center Virtualization and Automation (DCVAI) v6.2 is a professional - level self - study technical course designed to help students prepare for the CCNP Data Center
certification and for professional - level data center roles. The focus of this skills - building course is on the implementation and deployment automation of Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) and Cisco Nexus switches. The course provides rich hands - on experience in building a data center solution based on Cisco ACI. Learners are introduced to the automation capabilities offered by Python and RESTful APIs in combination with Cisco ACI and Cisco Nexus switches. You’ll master the professional - level skills and technologies needed to implement Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI), virtualization, and automation of data center operations.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe two primary features to logically separate a physical switch.
- Describe the Nexus 1000 virtual switch.
- Describe programmability options on Cisco NX-OS.
- Describe CLI features that simplify configuration management.
- Use different scripting tools available with Ciso NX-OS.
- Introduce the high -level concepts and describe the different fabric discovery parameters for Cisco ACI.
- Create tenant - based policies for bare metal hosts
- Describe the integration of VM Manager Domains with Cisco ACI
- Describe how Cisco ACI supports multitier applications
- List Cisco ACI monitoring capabilities
- Describe Cisco ACI programmability and orchestration
- Describe vPC - based aggregation and availability
- Describe Cisco AVS, distributed firewall, and microsegmentation
- Describe packet flows within the Cisco ACI
- Describe integrating Cisco ACI with external Layer 3 networks
- Outline the integration options with external Layer 2 networks
- Describe how L4 – L7 services are inserted into the Cisco ACI fabric, and how traffic is subsequently redirected.
This Cisco self - paced course is designed to be as effective as classroom training. Course content is presented in easily - consumable segments via both Instructor Video and text. Interactivity is enabled through Discovery Labs, content review questions, and graded Challenge Labs and Tests. This makes the learning experience hands - on, increasing course effectiveness, and provides students direct feedback on how well they have mastered the material. Gamification features are built in, including earning badges, achievements, and a leaderboard, to encourage better performance.