This is a self-study technical course that is designed for senior engineers and IT professionals. It shows you how to deploy and use Cisco Firepower® Threat Defense system. This hands-on course gives you knowledge and skills to use and configure Cisco® Firepower Threat Defense technology, beginning with initial device setup and configuration and including routing, high availability, Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) to Cisco Firepower Threat Defense migration, traffic control, and Network Address Translation (NAT). You will learn how to implement advanced Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) and Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System (NGIPS) features, including network intelligence, file type detection, network-based malware detection, and deep packet inspection. You will also learn how to configure siteto-site VPN, remote-access VPN, and SSL decryption before moving on to detailed analysis, system administration, and troubleshooting.
This course helps you prepare to take the exam, Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower (300-710 SNCF), which leads to CCNP Security and Cisco Certified Specialist - Network Security Firepower certifications. The 300-710 SNCF exam has a second preparation course as well, Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System (SSFIPS). You can take these courses in any order.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe key concepts of NGIPS and NGFW technology and the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense system, and identify deployment scenarios
- Perform initial Cisco Firepower Threat Defense device configuration and setup tasks
- Describe how to manage traffic and implement Quality of Service (QoS) using Cisco Firepower Threat Defense
- Describe how to implement NAT by using Cisco Firepower Threat Defense
- Perform an initial network discovery, using Cisco Firepower to identify hosts, applications, and services
- Describe the behavior, usage, and implementation procedure for access control policies
- Describe the concepts and procedures for implementing security intelligence features
- Describe Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) for Networks and the procedures for implementing file control and advanced malware protection
- Implement and manage intrusion policies
- Describe the components and configuration of site-to-site VPN
- Describe and configure a remote-access SSL VPN that uses Cisco AnyConnect®
- Describe SSL decryption capabilities and usage
This Cisco self-paced course is designed to be as effective as classroom training. Course content is presented in easilyconsumable segments via both Instructor Video and text. Interactivity is enabled through Discovery labs, content review questions, and graded Challenge labs and tests. This makes the learning experience hands-on, increasing course effectiveness, and provides students direct feedback on how well they have mastered the material. And gamification features are built in, including earning badges and a leaderboard, to encourage better performance.