This is a self-study technical course that is designed for senior engineers and IT professionals. It shows you how to configure and prepare to deploy Cisco® Identity-Based Networking Services (IBNS) solutions based on Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE), Cisco Catalyst switches, and Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers. You will learn the fundamentals of the 802.1X protocol and configuration, Cisco IBNS, configuring access for non-supplicant devices, Cisco ISE deployment options, architectural components, considerations with 802.1X, and more. You will also gain hands-on experience configuring 802.1X–based network services using the Cisco Identity Services Engine and a Cisco Catalyst switch.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe Cisco Identity-Based Networking Services (IBNS) for providing access control to corporate networks
- Describe Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) authentication types and methods, and the role of Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) in EAP communications
- Describe how to configure Cisco Catalyst switches, Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers (WLCs), and Cisco ISE for 802.1X operation
- Describe how to configure access for non-supplicant devices in an 802.1X deployment
- Describe how to plan and deploy Cisco IBNS Networks with Cisco ISE and 802.1X