This is a self-study technical course that is designed for senior engineers and IT professionals. It teaches you about the hardware components of the Cisco® Ultra M virtual packet core solution, including Cisco Nexus® spine and leaf switches and Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS®) C240 M4S (Small Form Factor) servers. You will learn about the software components of the Ultra M solution, including the OpenStack Virtual Infrastructure Manager (VIM), the Ultra M Virtualized Network Function (VNF) architecture, and the Cisco Elastic Services Controller, and how the different components operate. The course also covers the operation and administration of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system in relation to the Ultra M Undercloud and Overcloud deployments.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the Ultra M hardware and software
- Describe the features covered in the OpenStack component overview and deployment architecture
- Describe the Ultra M deployment architecture and operation
- Describe the Virtualized Packet Core-Distributed Instance (VPC-DI) architecture and packet flow
- Deploy and operate Ultra M