Implementing Cisco Network Security (IINS) v3.0 is a 5-day instructor-led course focusing on security principles and technologies, using Cisco security products to provide hands-on examples. Using instructor-led discussions, extensive hands-on lab exercises, and supplemental materials, this course allows learners to understand common security concepts, and deploy basic security techniques utilizing a variety of popular security appliances within a “real-life” network infrastructure.
To participate in the hands-on labs in this class, you need to bring a laptop computer with the following:
- Windows 7 or 8.1 or 10 is recommended. Mac OSX 10.6 or greater is supported as well.
- Intel Celeron or better processors are preferred.
- 1 GB or more of RAM
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 10 or greater or Mozilla Firefox. (Safari and Mozilla Firefox for Mac OSX)
- All students are required to have administrator rights to their PCs and cannot be logged in to a domain using any Group Policies that will limit their machine's capabilities.
- If you do not have administrator rights to your PC, you at least need permissions to download, install, and run Cisco Any Connect Client.
- If you are participating in a WebEx event, it is highly recommended to take this class at a location that has bandwidth speeds at a minimum of 1 Mbps bandwidth speeds.
Note: Students registering for this course will be receiving their course kit in a digital format. To be able to view your digital kit you will need to bring a laptop PC and/or a compatible iPad or Android tablet. The recommended system requirements and instructions to access the course kit content can be found at the following link: Digital Course Kit Requirements and Instructions
Please be aware that this digital version is designed for online use, not for printing. You can print up to 10 pages only in each guide within a course. Please note that every time you click the Print button in the book, this counts as one page printed, whether or not you click OK in the Print dialog.
If you have any questions or issues with meeting the requirements listed above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the class name to which you are attending and we will be more than happy to help.