Implementing Cisco Wireless Network Fundamentals (WIFUND) is a 5 day ILT course, designed to help students prepare for the CCNA-Wireless certification, an associate level certification specializing in the wireless field. The WIFUND course and CCNA-Wireless certification is a prerequisite to the CCNP-Wireless (Cisco Certified Wireless Professional) curriculum. The CCNA-Wireless curriculum will prepare wireless network associate for the use, positioning, planning, implementation and operation of Cisco WLAN networks. The goal of the WIFUND v3.0 is to provide students with information and practice activities to prepare them to help design, install, configure, monitor and conduct basic troubleshooting tasks of a Cisco WLAN in SMB and Enterprise installations. As an associate level, the course aims at providing entry level information, and will not specialize in any of the advanced features of the Cisco WLAN networks solutions.
To participate in the hands-on labs in this class, you need to bring a laptop computer with the following:
- Windows 7 or 8.1 or 10 is recommended. Mac OSX 10.6 or greater is supported as well.
- Intel Celeron or better processors are preferred.
- 1 GB or more of RAM
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 10 or greater or Mozilla Firefox. (Safari and Mozilla Firefox for Mac OSX)
- All students are required to have administrator rights to their PCs and cannot be logged in to a domain using any Group Policies that will limit their machine's capabilities.
- If you do not have administrator rights to your PC, you at least need permissions to download, install, and run Cisco Any Connect Client.
- If you are participating in a WebEx event, it is highly recommended to take this class at a location that has bandwidth speeds at a minimum of 1 Mbps bandwidth speeds.
Note: Students registering for this course will be receiving their course kit in a digital format. To be able to view your digital kit you will need to bring a laptop PC and/or a compatible iPad or Android tablet. The recommended system requirements and instructions to access the course kit content can be found at the following link: Digital Course Kit Requirements and Instructions
Please be aware that this digital version is designed for online use, not for printing. You can print up to 10 pages only in each guide within a course. Please note that every time you click the Print button in the book, this counts as one page printed, whether or not you click OK in the Print dialog.
If you have any questions or issues with meeting the requirements listed above, please contact us at email@example.com and provide the class name to which you are attending and we will be more than happy to help.