The Developing Applications and Automating Workflows using Cisco Platforms (DEVASC) v1.0 course helps you prepare for Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certification and for associate-level network automation engineer roles.
You will learn how to implement basic network applications using Cisco platforms as a base, and how to implement automation workflows across network, security, collaboration, and computing infrastructure. The course gives you hands-on experience solving real world problems using Cisco Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and modern development tools.
This course helps you prepare to take the DevNet Associate (200-901 DEVASC) exam. By passing this exam, you earn Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certification.
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the importance of APIs and use of version control tools in modern software development
- Describe common processes and practices used in software development
- Describe options for organizing and constructing modular software
- Describe HTTP concepts and how they apply to network-based APIs
- Apply Representational State Transfer (REST) concepts to integration with HTTP-based APIs
- Describe Cisco platforms and their capabilities
- Describe programmability features of different Cisco platforms
- Describe basic networking concepts and interpret simple network topology
- Describe interaction of applications with the network and tools used for troubleshooting issues
- Apply concepts of model-driven programmability to automate common tasks with Python scripts
- Identify common application deployment models and components in the development pipeline
- Describe common security concerns and types of tests, and utilize containerization for local development
- Utilize tools to automate infrastructure through scripting and model-driven programmability