The Developing Applications using Cisco Core Platforms and APIs (DEVCOR) v1.0 course helps you prepare for Cisco Certified DevNet Professional certification and for professional-level network automation engineer roles.
You will learn how to implement network applications using Cisco platforms as a base, from initial software design to diverse system integration, as well as testing and deployment automation. The course gives you hands-on experience solving real world problems using Cisco Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and modern development tools.
This course helps you prepare to take the Developing Applications Using Cisco Core Platforms and APIs (350-901 DEVCOR) exam. By passing this exam, you satisfy the core exam requirement toward Cisco Certified DevNet Professional, and you earn the Cisco Certified DevNet Specialist – Core certification.
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the architectural traits and patterns that improve application maintainability
- Describe the architectural traits and patterns that improve application serviceability
- Identify steps to design and build a ChatOps application
- Implement robust Representational State Transfer (REST) API integrations with network error handling, pagination, and error flow control
- Describe the necessary steps for securing user and system data in applications
- Describe the necessary steps for securing applications
- Identify common tasks in automated application release process
- Describe best practices for application deployment
- Describe methodologies for designing distributed systems
- Describe the concepts of infrastructure configuration management and device automation
- Utilize Yet Another Next Generation (YANG) data models to describe network configurations and telemetry
- Compare various relational and nonrelational database types and how to select the appropriate type based on requirements