The Implementing Automation for Cisco Security Solutions (SAUI) v1.0 course teaches you how to design advanced automated security solutions for your network.
Through a combination of lessons and hands-on labs, you will master the use of modern programming concepts, RESTful application programming interfaces (APIs), data models, protocols, firewalls, web, Domain Name System (DNS), cloud, email security, and Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) to strengthen cybersecurity for your web services, network, and devices. You will learn to work within the following platforms: Cisco Firepower® Management Center, Cisco Firepower Threat Defense, Cisco ISE, Cisco pxGrid, Cisco Stealthwatch® Enterprise, Cisco Stealthwatch Cloud, Cisco Umbrella®, Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP), Cisco Threat grid, and Cisco Security Management Appliances. This course will teach you when to use the API for each Cisco security solution to drive network efficiency and reduce complexity.
This course helps you prepare for the Automating and Programming Cisco Security Solutions (300-735 SAUTO) certification exam.
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the overall architecture of the Cisco security solutions and how APIs help enable security
- Know how to use Cisco Firepower APIs
- Explain how pxGrid APIs function and their benefits
- Demonstrate what capabilities the Cisco Stealthwatch APIs offer and construct API requests to them for configuration changes and auditing purposes
- Describe the features and benefits of using Cisco Stealthwatch Cloud APIs
- Learn how to use the Cisco Umbrella Investigate API
- Explain the functionality provided by Cisco AMP and its APIs
- Describe how to use Cisco Threat Grid APIs to analyze, search, and dispose of threats