This is a self-study technical course that is designed for senior engineers and IT professionals. It shows you how to deploy and use Cisco Firepower® Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System (NGIPS). This hands-on course gives you the knowledge and skills to use the platform features and includes firewall security concepts, platform architecture and key features; in-depth event analysis including detection of network-based malware and file type, NGIPS tuning and configuration including application control, security intelligence, firewall, and network-based malware and file controls; Snort® rules language; file and malware inspection, security intelligence, and network analysis policy configuration designed to detect traffic patterns; configuration and deployment of correlation policies to take action based on events detected; troubleshooting; system and user administration tasks, and more.
This course helps you prepare to take the exam, Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower (300-710 SNCF), which leads to CCNP Security and Cisco Certified Specialist – Network Security Firepower certifications. The 300-710 SNCF exam has a second preparation course as well, Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next Generation Firewall (SSNGFW). You can take these courses in any order. The exam will be available beginning February 24, 2020.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the components of Cisco Firepower Threat Defense and the managed device registration process
- Detail Next-Generation Firewalls (NGFW) traffic control and configure the Cisco Firepower system for network discovery
- Implement access control policies and describe access control policy advanced features
- Configure security intelligences features and the Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) for Networks implementation procedure for file control and advanced malware protection
- Implement and manage intrusion and network analysis policies for NGIPS inspection
- Describe and demonstrate the detailed analysis techniques and reporting features provided by the Cisco Firepower Management Center
- Integrate the Cisco Firepower Management Center with an external logging destination
- Describe and demonstrate the external alerting options available to Cisco Firepower Management Center and configure a correlation policy
- Describe key Cisco Firepower Management Center software update and user account management features
- Identify commonly misconfigured settings within the Cisco Firepower Management Center and use basic commands to troubleshoot a Cisco Firepower Threat Defense device
This Cisco self-paced course is designed to be as effective as classroom training. Course content is presented in easilyconsumable segments via both Instructor Video and text. Interactivity is enabled through Discovery labs, content review questions, and graded Challenge labs and tests. This makes the learning experience hands-on, increasing course effectiveness, and provides students direct feedback on how well they have mastered the material. And gamification features are built in, including earning badges and a leaderboard, to encourage better performance.