The Securing Cisco Networks with Open Source Snort (SSFSNORT) v3.0 course shows you how to deploy Snort in small to enterprise-scale implementations.
You will learn how to install, configure, and operate Snort in intrusion detection system (IDS) and intrusion prevention system (IPS) modes. You’ll practice installing and configuring Snort, utilize additional software tools, define rules to configure and improve the Snort environment, and more.
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Define the use and placement of IDS/IPS components
- Identify Snort features and requirements
- Compile and install Snort
- Define and use different modes of Snort
- Install and utilize Snort supporting software