The Implementing Cisco Identity Services Engine for Wireless Engineers (SWISE) version 1.0 course is a 2-day Instructor-led Training course. Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) combined with the Cisco Wireless LAN Controller (WLC), access point (AP), and end devices provide the comprehensive Cisco ISE deployment capabilities and solution into one system. This training course will enable Cisco end customers and authorized Cisco System Engineers (SEs) to understand the concepts, architecture, and use cases that are related to the Cisco ISE. This course will also prepare learners to implement basic Cisco ISE solutions. The focus is to ensure that students can implement the core features of Cisco ISE that most implementations require. Students should already be familiar with basic Cisco WLC and AP configuration.
Note: Students registering for this course will be receiving their course kit in a digital format. To be able to view your digital kit you will need to bring a laptop PC and/or a compatible tablet PC, the recommended system requirements and instructions to access the course kit content can be found at the following link: Digital Course Kit Requirements and Instructions
To participate in the hands-on labs in this class, you need to bring a laptop computer with the following:
- We recommend using at least a Pentium 4 or better and 1 GB of RAM or more.
- We recommend running Windows XP Professional SP3 or greater (Vista & Windows 7/8).
Mac & Linux machines are also supported.
- All PCs require Internet Explorer 7 or greater, Mozilla FireFox, or Google Chrome.
Note: When testing connectivity, Mozilla & Chrome may not be able to fully complete the tests as intended.
- All students should have administrator rights to their PCs.
If you do not have administrator rights to your PC, you at least need permissions to download, install, and run Active-X controls in Internet Explorer or Cisco Any Connect Client.
- If you are participating in a WebEx event, you should have internet access served by at least a 512K link, a full T1 Connection is recommended.
- All PCs require the latest Java Runtime Environment, which can be downloaded from www.java.com.
If you have any questions or issues with meeting the recommended requirements, please contact us at email@example.com to discuss.